Wednesday, April 30, 2008

We Are A Family


So the other night (Sunday) around 8pm I was in our bedroom with Sophie. She has been sick lately, and has been finding it hard to get herself settled down at night. I figured a little slow dancing to XM Radio “The Heart” Love Songs would lull her to sleep. Sarah had been in her room reading books with Chris when she came in to see what I was doing. She saw that I was dancing with Sophie and decided to go back into her room to get her baby. When she came back, the four of us "girls" danced around for a bit.
SMILE FOR THE CAMERA

THE GIRLS DANCING


SARAH GIVES BABY A BIT OF A FLIP

Sarah eventually tossed her baby aside and went to go get her other dancing partner- her daddy. So, Chris comes in and starts to slow dance with Sarah. She then instructs him to hold her hand 'like this' and put his hand on my back as I hold Sophie. It was quite a scene. And then, without warning, while the four of us dance to whatever 80’s love song that was playing, Sarah looks up at us with a big smile and says “we are a family”. At that point, I lost it and started to cry like a blubbering idiot. It was a true Oprah moment!! I was so choked up that I could not speak- even when she asked me like 5 times “Mommy, why are you crying??”

Aaaahhhh- just another Sunday evening at our house...........

1 comment:

Tina Ryan said...

Anne-Marie my heart is so full of happiness and joy for the family you have found. Beautiful, just beautiful.