Sunday, April 13, 2008

Yo Baby and Baby Teeth

After a month and a half of switching between Tylenol & Advil, Orajel & Hylands Gel, and of course sopping up gallons of drool, the wait is over- Sophie’s bottom two teeth have finally broken through. I am not sure who suffered more- Sophie or me. How sad and frustrating when you can’t do anything to console this little person who pathetically sobbed as she jammed her fist into her mouth for comfort. I know that we all went through it, and as traumatic as it was back then- we have no memory of it, and have managed to go through life unscathed by that harrowing event. Even still, I felt bad. And now, only a few days after those two buggers showed their pearly whites, it starts over again- now with the upper tooth. Oy Vey!!

Seriously, even though Sophie was a bit of a cry baby- she still managed to be happy, giggly and overall a trooper.

We went to the Doctors on 4/4/08 for her 4 month visit. She is 16.4 lbs and 26 inches long – 95th percentile. What an overachiever, and at such a young age! She is also turning over quite a bit. She is very active and it makes me nervous. I am afraid if I turn my back for too long, she will grab my car keys and will waddle out the door.

After my trip to NC last week, I started Sophie on Yo Baby Plain Yogurt. Per my Doctor, the acidophilus is great for her and it’s a nice start to getting her on whole/real foods. Sophie hasn’t figured out the whole tongue-spoon-mouth coordination yet. She actually looks a bit like Colonel Sanders with her white moustache and goatee. We are only three days into the yogurt-taste test so I will be sure to update you on how we progress. (On Day 1 she semi-vomited on Chris, so it’s been looking up since then)

I would be remiss if I did not comment on Sarah. She is great! We went to a belly dancing and hip-hop lesson the other day with her school. She liked the belly dancing-mainly because the scarf with the charms made a jingling sound when she wiggled her hips. Hip-hop was a bit of a flip-flop because she was verging on a small meltdown by the time we got to it. She just wanted me to hold her. So as I tried to mimic the very young and skinny girl giving the hip-hop lesson, while holding a 30 lb toddler in my arms, I sweated my buttocks off and wondered why I didn’t just stay home!!

Genius Alert: Sarah knows her address, how to spell “Mommy”, “Daddy”, and “No” (added to Sarah- which she has known for a while) and can interrupt our conversation with “guys, guy, guys”-her version of a not-so-gentle nudge for us to shut up so she can speak. Chris bought her a laser star projector for her room so at night she can look at the stars. She points out the shooting stars as they fly overhead. When we try sneak her into bed early and turn the projector on, she happily informs us that it is not dark yet, that its still light out and that the stars can’t go on (meaning- I am not going to bed) Sometimes a little too smart for our own good!!!


Click to play Our Girls
Create your own postcard - Powered by Smilebox
Make a postcard - it's easy!


Click to play Wanted
Create your own free ecard - Powered by Smilebox
Make a free ecard - it's easy!

1 comment:

Tina Ryan said...

I may have a way with pics but you my dear have a way better way with words :-)