Monday, June 23, 2008

Pictures & The Big Apple Circus

The Manasier's had a busy Saturday this past weekend. The morning started off with a photo session with Tina, our resident pho-tog. Previews of the day can be seen at http://www.lifeisahighwayphotography.blogspot.com/ under the "Sister Sister" title.

We (okay ME..... Chris didn't care one way or the other) ultimately wanted to get family pics and a few good ones for possible Christmas cards, but what we wound up with is still to be determined. Sarah, while smart, funny and beautiful- can also be an absolute diva and terror. She was not feeling the photography vibe too much and really made Tina earn her money. Sophie was pretty good until she checked her watch and realized it was bottle and nap time. Like any union laborer would do, she punched her timecard, took her break and was done for the day. By that time there was no more amusing Sarah...the gigantic lollipop has lost its charm and we headed home. Many 'props' to Tina who was a cool as a cucumber while I was stressing about my children's less than perfect behavior.


Later that day, after naps and lunch, we headed to the Big Apple Circus. A great time was had by all. We were a little worried at first because five minutes into the show Sarah said she wanted to go home. I think she was a little overwhelmed with the noise and the clowns. Once she got used to it, she was great. She cheered and clapped and was a perfect angel for 2 hours and 15 minutes. She even went pee-pee on the potty and had zero accidents. Sophie was great too. She did start to lose it about 20 minutes before it ended, so I walked around outside with her until she fell to sleep.


That was our Saturday. No pictures to share now. Sorry.


Oh- and to all my supporters who commented on my last post- THANK YOU. I am happy to announce the strike has been averted!!!

2 comments:

Tina Ryan said...

I has alot of nice one on one time with Sophie and I know you don't believe me, but I had a bunch of fun with Miss. Sarah. I don't think she likes sharing the spotlight because she was all smiles and happiness when I took her over to the bench just she and I and her lolli. :-)

Terri said...

The photos of the girls are beautiful. To funny that you are already planning your Christmas card photo. We (Me) have planned it on the beach next week in Florida & Miss Annalei will be the same way. She is always so cute until you put a camera in her face then there is not much of a personality & never seems to cooperate.

Looking forward to our Christmas card this year to see if you went with this photo shoot!!!