Wednesday, January 6, 2010

January 5th- One Day Late...Red Glove Day

I had great intentions on posting yesterday, but alas technical difficulties and shear exhaustion got the best of me.

Please note- there will be no pictures today. Why you ask? Because every camera and cell phone in this house is a piece of crap! But you may get two posts- one now and one later!!!!!

Anyway.....yesterday morning (Tuesday) I was getting the girls ready for school and I gave Sophie a pair of red gloves to wear. Sarah wore these same gloves the day before, but they seemed to be too small (even though I convinced her on Monday that they were stretchy and she would be fine with them) So Sophie is ready and Sarah sees the gloves. The drama soon unfolds...

"Those are MY gloves" says Sarah.
"Sarah they are too small so I am letting Sophie wear them." I say.
"But they fit, YOU said they were stretchy!" says Sarah
"Sarah, Sophie is already dressed to go, lets get you other gloves" I say.
With arms folded across chest and the biggest pout on her face, Sarah states " I am NOT wearing any gloves and I am NOT putting my hands in my pockets!" (humf, grunt, sigh)
"Sarah it's cold and you have to wear gloves. I think we have pink Dora gloves upstairs." I say.
"I want to see them first." replies Sarah.
Up the stairs I go, and down I come with a basket of hats and gloves to rummage through. (note- we have two such baskets. Why one is upstairs and one is downstairs is a mystery)
So I dump everything onto my stairs (there was a great picture of this mess before my Blackberry died) and I found the pink gloves with the snowflakes (not Dora- those were purple)
"Fine I will wear them, but I want to wear those gloves (pointing to the red ones) tommorrow." Sarah says.
So, I walk the girls out to the car with Chris to load them in and ship them off to school. Sophie decides to wipe down the entire side of my car with her red gloves. So I took off the now black and wet red gloves and sent Sophie to school without gloves. They are now in the hamper and no one wore them today. They wore burgundy gloves!
You can't make this stuff up!
Oh, and of course as I mentioned yesterday- today was the 4th anniversary of the day we actually saw Sarah's beautiful face for the first time, Again- time has absolutely flown by. Who would have thought that a tiny little baby sitting in an orphanage 4 years ago would be arguing with me over red gloves today! Love you Sarah!!!! (and of course Sophie too!)

No comments: